The kind of visa needed to enter the UAE depends on several different factors such as your nationality, the purpose of your planned visit and its planned duration.
The UAE authorities have taken many steps to make this process as straightforward and easy as possible. Citizens of 46 countries — GCC nationals plus nationals of listed countries — do not require visas prior to arrival.
If your country of nationality appears on the list below, no advance visa arrangements are required to visit the UAE. Simply disembark your flight at Dubai International Airport and proceed to Immigration, where your passport will be stamped with a 30-day visit visa free of charge. This can be extended for an additional 30 days at an additional charge.
||• New Zealand
||• San Marino
||• Hong Kong
|• Czech Republic
||• South Korea
||• United Kingdom
||• Vatican City
If your country is not listed above, you will require a visa and a sponsor for your visit. The sponsor normally applies for the visa on your behalf.
- Hotels and tourist companies can apply on your behalf for a Tourist Visa (valid for 30 days), a Service Visa (valid for 14 days) or a Visit Visa (valid for 30 days and can be extended for other 30 days)
- Airlines and airlines handlers can apply on behalf of their crew members for a 96-hour Transit Visa
- Other organizations based in the UAE may only apply for Visit Visas and Service Visas
- Individuals (relatives or friends) already resident in the UAE may, subject to guidelines, also apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa
Documents Required for a Visa
- Passport copies
- Copy of confirmed flight booking
- Bank approval letter
- Passport-sized photographs
- Visa fee
Apply for a Visa
For more information and to apply for a visa, please visit the General Directory of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
Please note that visa, transit and entry requirements vary from country to country, and can change with little or no notice. The resources listed on this page are intended as a guide, but please refer to the relevant embassy or consulate of all the countries on your itinerary as well as your destination country for the most up-to-date information