Frequently asked questions
Is the UAE and Dubai open for all tourists? ?
- Effective from 30 August 2021, tourist visa applications are open to travellers from all countries. Depending on a passenger's nationality, they can get a visa on arrival, or apply for a pre-arranged visit visa from Dubai Immigration before travel. Please reach out to The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs and�check your country’s latest travel advisory on outbound trips.
- Travellers are required to have either one of the three:
- A valid vaccination certificate with a QR code proving they are fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or the UAE
- A negative PCR test with a QR code, issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection to the flight time by an approved health service provider
- A valid medical certificate with a QR code issued by relevant authorities that shows they have recovered from COVID?19 within a month prior to the date of arrival.
- Please check the following links for the most up-to-date requirements ahead of travelling to or transiting through Dubai: Emirates airline | FlyDubai
Do I need a visa and if yes, how do I apply? ?
Following arrival, what are the procedures for exiting Dubai Airports? ?
- Tourists who show symptoms on arrival and test positive for COVID-19 after being re-tested must follow the guidelines issued by the Dubai Health Authority.
- The traveller will bear the cost of treatment and quarantine unless their carrier is Emirates or FlyDubai.
- For those that are a COVID-19 close contact case, no quarantine is required if you are not experiencing any symptoms.
- Customers purchasing an Emirates airline or FlyDubai ticket from 1 December 2020 benefit from additional multi-risk travel insurance provided by AIG Travel or NEXtCARE�through to 31 March 2022, including cover for COVID-19 and overseas medical expenses. Please see the following links for more information and a supporting FAQ:�Emirates airline�|�FlyDubai
- Compliance is required with all precautionary measures in Dubai (wearing masks at public indoor venues and adhering to frequent hand sanitisation).
Is there going to be a mandatory quarantine for tourists? ?
- No, only if they test positive with COVID-19.
- Please check carrier and Dubai travel requirements for COVID-19 PCR testing.
- Passengers who need to get a�COVID-19 PCR�test done at arrival in Dubai should self-quarantine until they receive their results, which is expected within 12 hours.
Do I have to wear a mask during my holiday in Dubai? ?
- Masks are compulsory�in public indoor venues, while wearing one in outdoor areas is optional.
- Additionally, you must continue to sanitise your hands�frequently.