DIFC provides a secure and efficient platform for business and financial institutions to reach in and out of the emerging markets of the region
Dubai International Financial Centre’s independent regulations, common law framework, supportive infrastructure and tax-friendly regime make it the ideal base for businesses to tap into the region’s rapidly growing demand for financial services. It has been designed as a ‘city within a city’ that provides a complete range of business and lifestyle facilities for global professionals.
At the heart of the DIFC model is an independent risk-based regulator, the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), which grants licences, regulates the activities of banking and financial institutions here and plays a major role in providing financial companies the confidence that they have a sound, stable, secure and growth-oriented platform for their business.
DIFC’s strategic location in Dubai fills the time-zone gap between London and New York in the west and Hong Kong and Tokyo in the east.
DIFC has a legislative system consistent with English Common Law, and as part of its autonomy, DIFC Courts is the entity responsible for the independent administration and enforcement of justice within this Free Zone.
If you decide to do business in DIFC, here’s what you can expect:
- Platform to access regional wealth and investment opportunities
- Complete, 100 per cent foreign ownership
- Zero per cent tax rate on income and profits (guaranteed for a period of 50 years)
- A wide network of double taxation treaties available to UAE incorporated entities
- No exchange controls (free capital convertibility)
- High standards of laws, rules and regulations
- International legal system based on Common Law of England & Wales
- A wholly transparent operating environment, complying with global best practices, and internationally accepted laws and regulatory processes
- A variety of legal vehicles that can be established with capital structuring flexibility
- Access to a large pool of skilled professionals residing in Dubai and the region
- A modern transport, communications and internet infrastructure
- A responsive one-stop shop service for visas, work permits and other related requirements
- An independent, common law judicial system