Long recognised as the leading regional trading hub in the Middle East, Dubai has been transformed in recent years into a truly international business centre of global significance. Companies doing business here will have access to a market of outstanding potential in a wide range of sectors. Dubai’s key characteristics include:
- A large market: more than US$17 billion in domestic imports annually; gateway to a US$150 billion per annum regional import market.
- A growing market: Dubai’s imports have more than doubled since 1989; regional economic growth and liberalisation is set to boost demand.
- A prosperous market: strategic location at the heart of one of the world’s richest regions.
- A diversified market: wide import requirements; opportunities for suppliers of most products.
- An accessible market: served by more than 170 shipping lines and 140 airlines.
- An open market: no exchange controls, quotas or trade barriers.