Tour Guide Programme
UAE Nationals and residents are invited to register for a programme guaranteeing certification as a licensed tour guide and official expert on Dubai. The Tour Guide Programme has been developed in partnership with Dubai's Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing and Department of Economic Development in order to assist with the establishment of an official licence to operate as a tour guide within Dubai.
This is your chance to be the voice of Dubai, telling its unique story through your eyes. Share your enthusiam with visitors who are interested in hearing about Dubai's unique past, present and future. You can also gain expert knowledge about Dubai's unique heritage, gastronomy, natural landscape and so much more.
What are the programme benefits?
- Tour guide training and certification, including language training
- Content and tour development assistance
- Establishment of official licensed tourism company
- Access to Dubai Tourism travel agents, tour operators and other entities within Dubai Tourism's network
- Access to Dubai SME assistance funds (Dubai Nationals only)
What does it take to become a Tour Guide?
Successful completion of ten day Dubai Tour Guide award, which covers the following:
Eligibility requirements include:
- General information about Dubai to include geography, culture and heritage, economy, key organisations
- Organisation and control of groups to include planning and preparation, time management, assertiveness and emergency management
- Presentation skills to include language and cultural issues, communications techniques, active listening and complaint management
- First Aid preparedness which provides necessary skills to manage everyday incidents
Who should register?
- High school certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Passport or Emirates ID
- Language Test
- Personal Photo
For UAE Nationals:
- Emiratis and UAE residents interested in starting a business in tourism (including part-time opportunity seekers)
- Those with a passion for Dubai's heritage, culture, history, gastronomy, architecture, astronomy and landscape
What is Intalaq?
- The Tour Guide Programme is free of charge for Emiratis residing in Dubai
- Upon successful completion of this programme, Emiratis residing in Dubai are eligable for an Intalaq Licence
For UAE Residents:
- Intalaq Licence Company can only be established by Emiratis residing in Dubai
- Homebased business that can accommodate nearly any type of profession, trade or artisan business
- The established business must not harm the environment or health of any person and should not generate noise or other irritants that could negatively impact the neighbours. It can take the following legal forms: Sole Establishment, LLC, Civil Company and Partnership
- Each individual may have only one trade or professional Intalaq Licence but can operate more than one related activity under the licence
- Intalaq licence holders cannot sponsor employees or hire a staff but can engage with contractors
- The Tour Guide Programme is open to UAE residents for a fee of AED5010
- The following are additional requirements for UAE resident eligiblity:
- Passport with resident visa
- Personal Photo
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)