10 Eats Under AED10
It comes as no surprise that Dubai, known for its luxurious epicurean delights, is also home to a range of culturally diverse foods that are friendly for your wallet. Don’t forget to participate in the Hidden Gems competition where you can vote for your favourite restaurant or coffee shop and stand a chance to win fabulous foodie related prizes.
Savour delicious bites for less
Savour delicious bites for less
It comes as no surprise that Dubai, known for its luxurious epicurean delights, is also home to a range of culturally diverse foods that are wallet-friendly. While old neighbourhoods such as Deira, Satwa and Karama are known for their street eats, areas such as Jumeirah Lake Towers and Barsha are also becoming popular to locals and residents alike.
Here’s a look at some of the must-visit budget dining places that serve food and beverages under AED10.
1. Something Baked: Not only does this place serve the best of Lebanese food, its appetisers are quite filling. Try the manakish topped with za’atar (thyme) herbs for AED9 or choose from a variety of bite-sized fatayer pastries stuffed with cheese, spinach or meat for just AED3 each.
- Jumeirah Lake Towers, + 971 4 559 7822
2. Calicut Paragon: Opt for the delicious Malabari fish fry, where a substantial half-portion will set you back only AED8. Mop up the delicious, spiced fish morsels with a freshly-prepared appam – a fluffy rice and coconut pancake – for an additional AED2.
- Karama, + 971 4 335 8700
3. Chai Wala Cafe: Nothing beats a hot and sweet snack like this restaurant’s Nutella paratha at an unbelievable price of AED2.50. Help yourself to their famous ‘chai’ or tea in flavours such as saffron, masala or mint, for just AED5 per cup.
- Al Quoz, + 971 4 321 7300
4. Aroos Damascus: Satisfy your craving for hearty Middle Eastern food at this popular all-day restaurant. Buy a chicken tikka sandwich or the spicy shawarma for AED7 each.
- Al Muraqqabat, + 971 4 221 9825
5. Moshi - Momo & Sushi: Visit this innovative eatery where at AED9, you can enjoy the ‘wai wai chaat’ – a popular Nepalese street food of crispy noodles, tossed with onion, coriander and chillies.
- Barsha, + 971 4 550 9210
6. Red Box Restaurant: If you are looking for something different, then try the tantalising Sri Lankan ‘egg roti’ for AED9 where traditional bread is stuffed with egg and topped with four different toppings. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, try the chilled biscuit pudding for only AED5 per serving.
- Qusais, + 971 4 258 3318
7. Koshari Point: You can’t really go wrong with fluffy falafel sandwiches that this restaurant sells at a humble AED7. We also recommend the Dynamite sandwich made of ful (fava beans) and falafel for AED9.
- Barsha, + 971 4 429 8853
8. Yakitate: Sample Japanese sweets that often look too good to eat. The Bear (AED8) is a delight with a light chocolate cream cheese filling. Another best-seller is Hello Kitty (AED9) with its winning combination of sweet custard and fresh raspberry.
- Rigga, + 971 4 255 5161
9. Kris Kros Lebanon: This restaurant is a firm favourite with the locals for its freshly prepared shawarmas, mini-bites and a range of wraps. Try the falafel sandwich or za’atar wrap for just AED9.
- Sheikh Zayed Road, 800 746 2253
10. Raju Omelet: You’ll fall in love with their egg-cellent omelette sandwich (AED10) that comes packed with onion, chillies, ginger and garlic. For the same price, you can also enjoy the ‘masala half fry,’ a spicy spin on the classic sunny side up.
- Karama, + 971 4 449 8566
Discover more affordable eateries and kitsch dining experiences by taking part in Dubai's Hidden Gems.
Dubai Corporation of Tourism & Commerce Marketing