A retired expatriate and their spouse can qualify for a 5-year residency visa with the possibility of renewal.
- You must be at least 55 years old
- You must have valid UAE health insurance*
- You must fulfill one of the following financial criteria:
- Option 1: AED 20,000 (approx. USD 5,500) Monthly Income OR
- Option 2: AED 1 million (approx. USD 275,000) savings OR
- Option 3: AED 2 million (approx. USD 550,000) property OR
- Option 4: A combination of Options 2 and 3 valued at least AED 2 million (approx. USD 550,000)
The visa is valid for five years and can be renewed automatically online as long as the retiree continues to meet the eligibility criteria.
*Please ensure you complete the purchase your health insurance the day before your visa application. In the situation where your application is not accepted, the health insurance providers offer a 30 day refund period after purchase.