Terms and Conditions
2. The Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (together with any documents referred to herein) and rules (the “Rules”) which set out the terms and conditions under which you may participate in or enter into the Competition and also by the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the social media Platform (Instagram) through which this Competition is run (the “Platform”). In order to make a valid entry to the Competition, you must accept these Rules. If you do not agree to the Rules, you must not enter into the Competition.
5. We may amend these Rules or amend or cancel the Competition at any time without notice and at our sole discretion. We may also amend the relevant pages of the Platform that we use in relation to the Competition and remove (or request that the Platform operators remove) any posts, entries, tweets, tags or other content at our sole discretion without notice.
6. Subject to fulfilling all Entry conditions mentioned under these Rules, individuals (and not companies or other entities) in the UAE (residents only) are permitted to enter the Competition (each an “Entrant”). Our employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of and the employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of DUBAI DET and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, their immediate families (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, or any other individuals connected in any way with the Competition (decided by us at our sole discretion) are not permitted to enter the Competition. By entering the Competition, an Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Rules.
8. Entrants must provide a valid address and proof of identification (including age) documents and bank details in order to receive the prize bank/wire transfer.
9. Failure to provide proof of identification (including age) and a valid address will result in automatic disqualification from the Competition.
10. If Entrant is a Minor, we reserve the right to verify the Guardian consent provided for their participation in the Competition.
11. Where a Minor makes an Entry (as defined herein) or Guardian makes an Entry on behalf of a Minor, all obligations, consents, agreements, releases, assignments, licenses, warranties, representations and other such obligations in the Rules granted to us (“Obligations”) shall be understood to be made by the Guardian on behalf of the Minor. If a Guardian makes an Entry on behalf of a Minor, Guardian represents and warrants that it has the Minor’s consent to make an Entry on the Minor’s behalf and to undertake such Obligations. Where necessary, Guardian further agrees to procure that the Minor complies with all of the Obligations. The Guardian shall be expressly liable to us for the Obligations and for any breaches of the Obligations by the Guardian or by the Minor, and for breach of the warranty in this clause, and shall hold harmless and indemnify us for any losses or claims related to any such breach of the Obligations and warranty.
12. An entry is made to the Competition for free (an “Entry” and “Entries”) in the following ways:
a) The Entrant shall create a video showcasing 3 dishes for 1 - 10 people under 100 AED across 3 different restaurants.
b) There should be a theme for the ‘trail’, can be cuisine type, location, all desserts etc.
c) The Entrant shall post the video on Instagram using the competition hashtag and tagging @DubaiEats.
d) The names of the restaurants and dishes must be clear.
e) The prices of the dishes should be included.
f) The video should show the Entrant and their friend/group of friends accompanying them.
g) The video must be between 30 seconds to 1 minute.
h) The Entrant must be following Dubai Eats on Instagram.
i) The Entrant must post the video on Instagram as a feed post.
j) The restaurants shown must be in Dubai.
k) The Winner must keep all receipts for purchased items shown in the video or their Entry will be disqualified.
13. The Competition will run for the duration of Dubai Food Festivals and the winner will be chosen within 90 days post the Competition Period, as defined herein. The Competition begins at 12:00:00 am Arabian Standard Time on 2 May, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm Arabian Standard Time on 31 May, 2022 (“Closing Time”). The period of the Competition shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”. We may, at our own discretion and without notifying the Entrants, change the dates and times of the Competition Period. Any information or content uploaded as an entry and posted in the Platform must not:
a) be unlawful or promote any unlawful activity;
b) be considered inappropriate, defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, offensive, obscene, threatening, misleading or hateful (as determined by us in our absolute discretion);
c) include any content or symbols of a religious or political nature (as determined by us, in its absolute discretion);
d) be intended to harass another person or group of people;
e) include personal information of another person or persons, unless the Entrant has such person(s) consent;
f) contain viruses or corrupted files;
g) breach any the Rules; or
h) contain advertising or promotional materials, except with respect to the Competition.
14. Each Entrant agrees that any entry shall not be offensive, obscene, derogatory or defamatory in nature, and will be sensitive and respectful to the local culture of the United Arab Emirates, and will adhere to these Rules.
SELECTION PROCESS AND PRIZES
15. We do not take responsibility for Entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted, incomplete, or that do not follow these Rules or that a Platform automatically filters out for any reason. Such Entries shall be considered invalid.
16. The winner of the Competition (“Winner”) will be selected, in our absolute and sole discretion, among all valid Entries received during the Competition Period by a panel comprising of our representatives. Our decision of the winning Entry shall be final and binding and you agree that you do not have a right to a dispute or claim with respect to the selection of the Winner.
17. Each Entrant agrees to us using their contact details or their Platform profile/identity to contact them in relation to the Competition. The Winner will be announced on Instagram. The Winner will be contacted by us via direct message on the Platform on which the Entry was submitted.
18. The prize for winning the Competition (the "Prize") is as follows :
· First Prize: AED 50,000;
· Second Prize: AED 30,000; and
· Third Prize AED 10,000 for two Winners (each AED 10,000)
19. Further Conditions include:
(a) Other than as set forth above, we will not be responsible for transport, food and other expenses in Dubai of any kind, transport and/or any other expenses associated with the Prize.
(b) All Entrants shall abide by the health and safety rules and regulations of the government of Dubai with regards to COVID-19 that would include but is not limited to testing, self-isolation and preventive measures, quarantine and safety precautions.
20. We reserve the right to offer an alternative Prize (or any portion thereof), at any time, for any reason, without notice with one of comparable or greater value in our sole discretion. The Prize is non-transferable.
21. We will send the Winner a private message through the relevant Platform through which the winning Entry was made. This must be acknowledged within 2 weeks of the time of sending by the Winner replying to the message with acceptance of the Prize, confirmation of their age (including verification documents, e.g. passport) and place of residency/nationality, and by providing further contact details in order to make arrangements for the Prize. If the Winner does not respond and provide the requested information or fails to meet the eligibility requirements (decided at our sole discretion), the Entrant will be deemed by us as having relinquished the right to the Prize and we reserve the right to offer the Prize to another eligible Entrant or the Prize may not be awarded.
22. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees for us to use their name, nationality, country of residence and image in any Competition announcements and publicity material (including, but not limited to, online material) related to the, including, but not limited to, across media channels and Platform operated by us. In addition, as a condition to receiving the Prize, The Winner shall be required to: complete/sign our documentation (including consent and release forms) to provide their written consent to being filmed and photographed by our camera/photo crew over the redeeming the Prize, and photographed by our camera/photo crew over the course of experiencing the Prize (where applicable) and to us using any content created across our various media channels and Platform.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
23. Each Entrant), agrees that upon the Entry being received by us, the following shall vest entirely and without exception to us:
(a) any copyright, patents, database rights and rights in trademarks, designs, know-how (whether registered or unregistered) including rights over any accompanying words, slogans or catch phrases (“Intellectual Property Rights”) arising herein from and related to the Entry;
(b) applications for registration, and the right to apply for such registration, for any of the Intellectual Property Rights arising herein from and related to the Entry; and
(c) any other right inherently connected with the Intellectual Property Rights of or inherent to the Entry.
24. By submitting an Entry you hereby warrant and represent that such Entry is an original work created by you (or, as appropriate, a Minor under your control) and does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, any Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that you will be liable to Released Parties (as defined below) and indemnify Released Parties for breach of any warranty. (This means that you will be responsible to Released Parties for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your beach of a warranty).
25. The Entrant (or the Entrant’s Guardian where the Entrant is a Minor) hereby grants to us an exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable, worldwide license in perpetuity to the use the Entry for any purpose including the right to reproduce the Entry and the right to sublicense any or all of those rights to a third party.
26. The Entrant, being the sole owner of the Entry, so far as legally possible under any applicable laws, hereby waives absolutely and agrees not to enforce his moral rights in the Entry.
27. Our decision in respect of all matters in relation to this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The Competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any of the Platform and each Entrant releases the Platform from any liability in respect of the Competition.
29. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The use of automated devices to enter the Competition is prohibited and any Entry created through such means shall be null and void. We will not have any responsibility of any nature for defects or delays in any transmission, interruptions in service due to system repairs, maintenance or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing of entries or emails, the announcement of the Prizes, for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Rules or other Competition-related materials.
30. By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree that:
(a) they shall abide by these Rules;
(b) we may use (to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law) Entrant’s name, photograph, any oral or written statements, footage, voice, images and/or likeness (including as captured in the Entry) for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification;
(c) all verifications required by us concerning the Entrant’s identity;
(d) any indication of falsified, fraudulent, false, untruthful, incorrect or inexact identity or address of any Entrant, may, in our sole discretion, lead to that Entrant being disqualified from the Competition;
(e) DUBAI DET and its affiliates, any of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) shall not have any liability and shall be held harmless and indemnified by the Entrant for any claims, demands, obligations, liability, suits, actions, proceedings, judgments, fines, losses, damages, penalties, charges, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) of whatsoever nature in relation to the Entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to Entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, arising from or related to this Competition, or due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to (i) the acceptance, possession or use of the Prize, (ii) any physical activity, travel or travel-related activity in relation to the Competition, the Prize, or participation in this Competition; and
(f) to absolutely and forever release and discharge the Released Parties from, all claims, damages, liabilities, obligations, expenses and causes of action which the entrant may bring and/or could have brought against the Released Parties, which relate to the Competition and/or the Prize.
31. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Released Parties shall not be liable under or in connection with these Rules, the Competition or the Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by an Entrant, Winner, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the Entrant and/or us and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
32. DUBAI DET takes no responsibility for any damage, injury of any kind whatsoever as a direct or indirect result of Prizes or promotion offered through any of the digital channels of DUBAI DET. The Entrants shall at all times indemnify, protect, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties, from and against any claims, demands, obligations, liability, suits, actions, proceedings, judgments, fines, losses, damages, penalties, charges, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) of whatsoever nature resulting or arising from the use of DUBAI DET’s digital and social media Platform. The Entrants acknowledge and agree that we do not control over, and shall not be responsible or liable for, any content generated by third-party users in connection with the Platform.
33. We will not be liable to perform any of its obligations under these Terms where we are unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, epidemic, pandemic (including COVID-19) or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure. We accept no liability (and exclude all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising, including where a Winner is unable to avail the Prize as a result of government restrictions, bans, regulations or other measures implemented directly or indirectly as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic.
34. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to void any Entries and disqualify such Entrants whom we believe (in our discretion) have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Competition and/or who are in violation of these Rules.
35. These Rules are governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates, as applied in the Emirate of Dubai, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Dubai courts.
About Dubai Economy and Tourism and Contact Details
The Department of Economy and Tourism (“DET”) is an entity established pursuant to Law No. 20 of 2021 and having its principal address at P.O. Box 594, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. DET is the principal authority for the planning, supervision, development and marketing of tourism in Dubai. DET also markets and promotes Dubai’s commerce sector and is responsible for the licensing and classification of all tourism services, including hotels establishments, tol agents and all other tourism services. Find out more about DET at: https://www.dubaitourism.gov.ae/en/about-us.
DET and its affiliates, including, but not limited to, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment and Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing (collectively, “Dubai DET”, “We”, “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to providing excellent service to all customers, including respecting their concerns about privacy and taking the relevant measures to safeguard their personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We have provided this Privacy Notice to help you, the user, understand how we collect, use and protect your information when you participate in the “My Hidden Gems” video competition (the “Competition”), and how that information will be treated. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how that information will be treated. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. For more information on our general privacy practices related to your visit and use any of Dubai DET’s websites (including, without limitation, www.visitdubai.com) and any microsites and tools contained therein, mobile applications (including, without limitation, the Visit Dubai and Dubai Calendar mobile applications) and any tools contained therein, social media pages, and other technological platforms in whatever form, and how that information will be treated, please visit https://www.visitdubai.com/en/privacy-notice.
Our Contact Details
Your privacy matters to us so if you have any questions please contact us at .
This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice should be read together with our terms and conditions for participation in the Competition and any other documents referred to in it.
Please note that we will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice uses the following key terms:
· Non-personally identifiable information: information that is recorded about users so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
· Personal data: any information which you provide to us which directly or indirectly personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, billing information, credit card information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Dubai DET, such as information we associate with any accounts you may hold with Dubai DET.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and use personal data you provide when entering into the Competition (including any audio-visual recordings containing yourself, your voice, your image or likeness etc. as part of the Competition) or provide for us to verify your eligibility, identity and deliver prizes in connection with the Competition. In such circumstances, we’ll request personal data, like your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, country of residence, nationality, identification documents (such as passport copy etc.) and other information that does not identify you.
We may use this information:
· to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to respond to your questions, comments and requests;
· to notify you about changes to the Competition;
· to ensure that content in relation to the Competition is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
· to send to our organizational committee members and judges or jurors located in the United Arab Emirates and other countries around the world;
· to administer the Competition and to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with the Competition; and/or
· for the uses set forth in the “How we use your personal data” section below.
How we collect personal data?
We collect your personal data directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in a number of ways including:
· through your access and use of social media platforms (in this case Instagram);
· when you enter into the Competition via social media platforms (in this case Instagram; and/or
· when you provide personal information through our website, over the phone, or by other means, the information given to us may be.
Any personal data we collect about you will only be retained for as long as it takes for the purposes for which such information is required to be completed. If we no longer need to use or disclose your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and we are not legally required to retain that information, then we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal data or ensure it is rendered anonymous (i.e. turned into non-personally identifiable information).
How we use personal data?
When information is associated with your entry into the Competition, we treat it as personal data. We may use this information:
· for the uses set forth in the “What personal data do we collect” section above;
· to administer the Competition, distribute prizes in relation to the Competition and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to offer you tailored content so that you are eligible for the Competition that you have entered;
· where you have indicated your consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with additional services and/or information about additional services that may interest you. You will be provided with the names of any such third parties are the point of obtaining consent. (see “Marketing” section below for more information);
· to improve the Competition to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
· to allow you to participate in the Competition, when you choose to do so; and/or
· as part of our efforts to keep the Competition safe and secure.
Where you have indicated your consent or we have a legitimate interest, we (and permitted third parties) may contact you for direct marketing purposes via telephone, email, SMS/MMS, push notifications, and social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp.
This marketing may relate to:
· additional products and services we (or permitted third parties) feel may interest you;
· information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about; and
· upcoming events, competitions, schemes, initiatives, promotions and new products/services or other opportunities as well as those of selected third parties.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means without seeking your consent in advance (including but not limited to telephone, e-mail, SMS/MMS, push notifications, and social medial channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous dealing with you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us you may unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe link in our email communications or by requesting us to remove you and your personal data collected electronically from our database(s) by emailing email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by social media platforms, websites or services linked to or from the Competition, including the information or content contained therein or the data collection practices or privacy policies therein. Please remember that when you use a link from another website or social media platform to participate in the Competition, our Privacy Notice does not apply to third-party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party websites, social media platform or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and we do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your user content. If you are using a third-party website or service (like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, or Google groups etc.) and you allow such a third-party access to your user content you do so at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information we collect by other means (including offline) or from other sources other than through the Competition.
Information we share
We do not share personal data with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Dubai DET unless one of the following circumstances applies:
· With your consent
We will share personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Dubai DET (and the parties and bodies referenced in this section of the Privacy Notice) when we have your consent to do so.
· For external processing
We provide personal data to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
· Sharing with our partners
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected websites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
· Where required by applicable law
We will disclose personal data when required by any applicable law, or in good faith believe such action is necessary or desirable to comply with the applicable laws, or to protect or defend the rights or property of Dubai DET, the Competition, or its users.
· With selected third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
· in the event that Dubai DET sells or buys any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· if Dubai DET or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets;
· agents, service providers and third parties who provide services relating to the purpose for which the personal data is collected including data processing services, whether or not such agents, service providers and third parties are based in the UAE; and
· any person who is under a duty of confidentiality and has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
How do we share your personal data?
When we share your personal data, within DET or with third parties, we implement robust contractual agreements with third parties to confirm that your personal data will be handled in compliance with relevant data protection laws. Where we do this, we will use appropriate safeguards to protect any personal data being transferred.
Where we store your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and otherwise processed on servers located outside the country in which you reside and which may be located in secure data centres worldwide, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
How long we keep your data for?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. When assessing these periods, we carefully examine our need to collect personal data at all and if we establish a relevant need we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realise the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by contractual obligation or law.
If you would like more information on how we handle your personal data or would like to make a request relating to one of your rights above you can:
· Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Send a message to us on the Dubai DET website or social media page.
Opt-Outs of marketing email communication
You may unsubscribe from marketing email communication sent by us at any time by following the unsubscribe link in our email communications (see “Marketing” section above) or by requesting us to remove you and your personal data collected electronically from our database(s) by emailing email@example.com.
Security of your personal data
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorized access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers. In particular, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems, and restrict access to personal data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Unfortunately, there is always risk involved in sending information through any channel over the internet. You send information over the internet entirely at your own risk. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet and we do not warrant the security of any information, including personal data, which you transmit to us over the internet.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorized access to, your personal data, please let us know immediately.
Privacy Notice Changes
In the future, we may revise or amend this Privacy Notice at any time by amending this page. All changes will be made here so you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. Some of the provisions contained in this Privacy Notice may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Competition.
We will inform you of any changes to the Privacy Notice via email communication.
Your privacy concerns are important to us. We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful to you.
Questions Concerning this Privacy Notice
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.