Your health is our priority
Dubai is ready and open to welcome all visitors. Find out all the procedures to keep you safe.
Requirements for tourists
Arriving in Dubai
Please check the following before you undergo any travel to Dubai:
1. Ensure you meet entry visa requirements to visit the UAE. You can check if you need a visa here.
2. All passengers arriving in Dubai must take a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test up to four days prior to their date of travel (maximum 96 hours), unless otherwise stated. The Negative PCR COVID-19 certificate must be printed in English or Arabic. No hand written, SMS or digital certificates will be accepted. You may be required to take another test at Dubai Airports upon arrival. All travellers must check the country requirements from which they are departing.
3. Children under the age of 12 and passengers with a severe or moderate disability are exempt from the PCR test.
4. Ensure you have medical travel insurance with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before travelling. You will need to sign a declaration to bear all costs of quarantine and treatment and complete a Health Declaration Form before departure confirming you are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
5. If you are travelling with Emirates airline or FlyDubai and have purchased your ticket after 1 December 2020, you will automatically benefit from additional multi-risk travel insurance provided by AIG Travel.
2. Present an official, printed certificate of the negative test at check-in. The Negative PCR COVID-19 certificate must be printed in English or Arabic. No hand written, SMS or digital certificates will be accepted. There are designated laboratories where you can take the test. Please check with your airlines before departure. If you are travelling with Emirates, please click here for a list of accredited labs.
3. Complete a Health Declaration Form before departing.
4. Please note airlines have the right to deny travellers if they display any symptoms of COVID-19.
1. All arrival passengers have their temperature taken with thermal screening devices.
2. You may be asked to take an additional PCR test. You will be instructed to remain in your accommodation until you receive the results.
3. Please present your health declaration form to the staff on hand.
2. In the case of a positive test result, you will need to strictly comply with a 14-day quarantine as instructed by the Dubai Health Authority.
3. Follow the precautionary measures applied in Dubai including wearing masks, maintaining two-metre social distance and washing hands regularly.
Frequently asked questions
View all safety measures
View all travel protocols