Your health is our priority
Dubai is ready and open to welcome all visitors. Find out all the procedures to keep you safe.
Requirements for tourists
Arriving in Dubai
Please check the following before you undergo any travel to Dubai:
1. Ensure you meet entry visa requirements to visit the UAE. You can check if you need a visa here.
2. All passengers arriving to Dubai from any point of origin (including GCC countries) must hold a negative PCR test certificate, for which the test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to the time of departure. As announced on 22 April 2021, travelllers from certain countries must hold a negative PCR test, taken no more than 48 hours prior to the time of departure. Please see the following links for a list of countries which this is now applicable for: Dubai Airports | Emirates.
3. Negative COVID-19 certificates must be printed in English or Arabic (the date and time of the test must be detailed). The printed certificate must have a valid QR code. No hand written, SMS or digital certificates will be accepted.
4. You may be required to take another test at Dubai Airports upon arrival if travelling from select destinations or if you show symptoms of COVID-19 on arrival. All travellers must check the country requirements from which they are departing.
5. Children under the age of 12 and passengers with a severe or moderate disability are exempt from the PCR test.
6. Ensure you have medical travel insurance with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before travelling.
7. If you are travelling with Emirates airline or FlyDubai and have purchased your ticket after 1 December 2020, you will automatically benefit from additional multi-risk travel insurance provided by AIG Travel. Please see the following links for more information: Emirates airline | FlyDubai
2. Present an official, printed certificate of the negative test at check-in. The Negative PCR COVID-19 certificate must be printed in English or Arabic (the date and time of the test must be detailed). The printed certificate must have a valid QR code. No hand written, SMS or digital certificates will be accepted. There are designated laboratories where you can take the test. Please check with your airlines before departure. If you are travelling with Emirates, please click here for a list of accredited labs.
3. Please note airlines have the right to deny travellers if they display any symptoms of COVID-19.
1. All arrival passengers have their temperature taken with thermal screening devices.
2. You may be asked to take an additional PCR test. You will be instructed to remain in your accommodation until you receive the results.
2. In the case of a positive test result, you will need to strictly comply with a 10-day isolation as instructed by the Dubai Health Authority.
3. Follow the precautionary measures applied in Dubai including wearing masks, maintaining two-metre social distance and washing hands regularly.