The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) is the principal authority for tourism in Dubai. We plan, supervise and develop the marketing of Dubai as a leading tourist destination. We also market and promote the emirate’s commerce sector and are responsible for the licensing and classification of all tourism services such as hotels, tour operators, travel agents, and other tourism services.
We’re committed to strengthening Dubai’s economy by attracting tourists and inward investment while delivering Dubai’s tourism vision, which includes welcoming 20 million visitors per year by 2020. DTCM has played a pivotal role in Dubai’s rise to prominence as one of the world’s leading tourism destinations, welcoming more than 15 million visitors in 2017. In addition to its headquarters in Dubai, DTCM operates 20 offices worldwide.
Our vision: To make Dubai the most visited destination with more than 23 million visitors by 2025, in addition to being the most recommended city with the most repeat visitors.
Our mission: Strengthen the Dubai economy by attracting tourists and inward investment to the emirate
We will accomplish this by:
- Making Dubai the world’s most recommended leisure and business destination
- Raising the international profile of Dubai’s tourism and commercial offering
- Redefining traveller expectations with cutting-edge solutions and service excellence across all tourism touch-points
- Pioneering multi-dimensional, next-generation experiences that inspire people to visit and return to Dubai
- Playing a critical role in developing the economic contribution of tourism to the emirate, with a focus on working with public and private partners to enhance the destination offering and effectively market it to the world.