- Your trade name should be a proper name and free from obscene or indecent words and should not be offensive to the general public.
- Do not include Allah’s name nor 'God' or His divine attributes.
- Please refrain from using family names, tribe names or other individuals’ names - unless the name belongs to the licensee.
- Your trade name should be distinct and not similar to existing brands in Dubai, government projects, or international brands.
- Names should be written literally and not translated. For example, 'السماء العالية' must be written as 'Al Samaa Al Aalya', and if it is 'هاي سكاي' it must be written as 'High Sky'.
- The trade name must be logical and reflect and indicate your business activity. For example, you cannot use 'Al Madina Contracting' for a building material trading licence.
- You cannot use any restricted names which include global political organisations or religious sectarian organisations.
- DET has the right to cancel or change a trade name, if it finds that a similar name already exists.
The total cost of issuing the trade name is AED 620.
You can pay via direct debit at Dubai Islamic Bank, Commercial Bank of Dubai, or Emirates Islamic. To make your payment with cash or cheque, please visit Aafaq Islamic Finance, Noor Bank, Commercial Bank of Dubai, or Emirates Islamic.