Dubai Tourism Visiting Family & Friends 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS
RULES (15th October 2018)
1. This Dubai Tourism Visiting Friends & Family Social Media Competition 2018 (“Competition”) is run by Dubai Tourism with its business office at P.O. Box 594, Dubai, UAE, an affiliate of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (“DTCM”) (collectively, “we”, “us” and “our”).
2. The Competition is governed by these rules (the “Rules”) and also by the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, as applicable) through which this Competition is run (the “Platforms”).
3. We may amend these Rules or amend or cancel the Competition at any time without notice and at our sole discretion. We may also amend the relevant pages of the Platforms that we use in relation to the Competition and remove (or request that the Platform operators remove) any posts, entries, tweets, tags or other content at our sole discretion without notice.
4. Entrants must be at least 18 at the date of entry and official residents in Dubai with proof of United Arab Emirates ID. All Entrants must be able to provide proof of age and residency. Failure to provide proof will result in automatic disqualification from the Competition.
Past winners of the present competition are not eligible. Winners can only win once.
Our employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of and the employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of DTCM and its wholly-owned subsidiaries (collectively, “DTCM Entities”), their immediate families (mother, father, sister, brother, child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, or any other individuals connected in any way with the Competition (decided by us at our sole discretion) are not permitted to enter the Competition.
The competition is not open to employees of the Emirates Group.
By entering the Competition, an Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Rules and the terms of the competition.
5. An entry is made to the Competition for free (an “Entry” and “Entries”) in the following ways:
(a) Post your entry with a picture/video showing what makes you proud to call Dubai your home.
(b) Use #MyDubai
(a) Submit your entry by commenting on the official competition post on @mydubai Facebook page with a picture/video showing what makes you proud to call Dubai your home.
(b) Use #MyDubai
(a) Tweet your entry with a picture/video showing what makes you proud to call Dubai your home.
(b) Use #MyDubai
The Competition begins on October 15th, 2018 and ends on January 31st , 2019. The period of the Competition shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”. We may, at our own discretion and without notifying the Entrants, change the dates and times of the Competition Period.
6. Any information or content uploaded as an entry and posted in the Platforms must not:
a) be unlawful or promote any unlawful activity;
b) be considered inappropriate, defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, offensive, obscene, threatening, misleading or hateful (as determined by us in our absolute discretion);
c) include any content or symbols of a religious or political nature (as determined by us, in its absolute discretion);
d) be intended to harass another person or group of people;
e) include personal information of another person or persons, unless the Entrant has such person(s) consent;
f) contain viruses or corrupted files;
g) breach any the Rules; or
h) contain advertising or promotional materials, except with respect to the Competition.
7. Each Entrant agrees that any entry shall not be offensive, obscene, derogatory or defamatory in nature, and will be sensitive and respectful to the local culture of the United Arab Emirates, and will adhere to these Rules.
SELECTION PROCESS AND PRIZES
8. Participants in the Competition are not limited to one Entry per Platform. We do not take
responsibility for Entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted, incomplete, or
that do not follow these Rules. Such Entries shall be considered invalid.
9. The winner(s) of the Competition (“Winner(s)”) will be selected, in our absolute and sole discretion, among all valid Entries received during the Competition Period by a panel comprising of our representatives. Our decision of the winning Entry shall be final and binding and you agree that you do not have a right to a dispute or claim with respect to the selection of the Winner.
10. Two winners will be chosen each week, until the first week of February 2019 from all valid Entries. Each Entrant agrees to be contacted by us via their social media channels in private message in relation to the Competition. Entrants will have 48 hours to respond.
The Winner will be announced on MyDubai Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
11. The prize for winning the Competition (together, the "Prize") is as follows:
(a) Emirates Economy flight tickets for 2 from an airport that Emirates operates to/from;
(b) Only the guests invited by the winner are eligible to use the flight tickets. Winners cannot use the flight tickets.
(c) Travel must be completed by 31st March 2019.
(d) These tickets are not valid during black out periods.
(e) Once tickets are issued, no change can be made. The tickets are not exchangeable.
(f) Any additional expenses such as insurance, visa, accommodation are not included and are the responsibility of the prize winner.
(g) These tickets are valid on Emirates Airline only and are non-extendable, non-transferable, non-re-routable, non-endorsable, non-encashable.
Other than as set forth above, we will not be responsible for transport, food and other expenses in Dubai, transport to and from the Winner’s departure airport from the country of residence, and/or any other expenses associated with the Prize.
12. The Winner’s Guests must have the correct documentation to travel to Dubai and at least one of the members travelling needs to be over 21 years of age. We shall not arrange or pay for such documentation or making arrangements to obtain an entry visa to Dubai and the costs of obtaining visas.
We shall not have any responsibility or liability if the visa application is rejected by
the applicable authorities. In such event, the Winner will be deemed by us as having relinquished the right to the Prize and we reserve the right to offer the Prize to another eligible Entrant or the Prize may not be awarded.
13. We reserve the right to offer an alternative Prize (or any portion thereof), at any time, for any reason, without notice with one of comparable or greater value in our sole discretion.
The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
14. A maximum of 2 prizes will be awarded in total per week. The guests travelling to visit the resident in Dubai must be at least 18 years-old.
15. We will send the Winner a private message through the relevant Platform through which the winning Entry was made. This must be acknowledged within 48 hours of the time of sending by the Winner replying to the message with acceptance of the Prize, confirmation of their age and place of residency/nationality, and by providing further contact details in order to make arrangements for the Prize.
If the Winner does not respond and provide the requested information or fails to meet the eligibility requirements (decided at our sole discretion), the Entrant will be deemed by us as having relinquished the right to the Prize and we reserve the right to offer the Prize to another eligible Entrant or the Prize may not be awarded.
16. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees for us to use their name, nationality, country of residence and image in any Competition announcements and publicity material (including, but not limited to, online material) related to the, including, but not limited to, across media channels and platforms operated by us.
In addition, as a condition to receiving the Prize, each of the Winner and his/her Guests shall be required to: complete/sign our documentation (including consent forms) to provide their written consent to being filmed and photographed by our camera/photo crew over the course of experiencing the Prize and to us using any content created across our various media channels and platforms.
17. In addition, each of the Winner and Guest shall be encouraged to generate his/her own social media content by posting across some or all of the Platforms during their stay in Dubai for the Prize.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
18. Each Entrant and their Guests agrees that upon the Entry being received by us, the following shall vest entirely and without exception to us:
(a) any copyright, patents, database rights and rights in trademarks, designs, know-how (whether registered or unregistered) including rights over any accompanying words, slogans or catch phrases (“Intellectual Property Rights”) arising herein from and related to the Entry.
(b) applications for registration, and the right to apply for such registration, for any of the Intellectual Property Rights arising herein from and related to the Entry; and
(c) any other right inherently connected with the Intellectual Property Rights of or inherent to the Entry.
19. By submitting an Entry you hereby warrant and represent that such Entry is an original work created by you and does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, any Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that you will be liable to Released Parties and indemnify Released Parties for breach of any warranty. (This means that you will be responsible to Released Parties for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your beach of a warranty).
20. The Entrant hereby grants to us an exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable, worldwide license in perpetuity to the use the Entry for any purpose including the right to reproduce the Entry and the right to sublicense any or all of those rights to a third party.
21. The Entrant, being the sole owner of the Entry, so far as legally possible under any applicable laws, hereby waives absolutely and agrees not to enforce his moral rights in the Entry.
22. Our decision in respect of all matters in relation to this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Competition is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any of the Platforms and each Entrant releases the Platforms from any liability in respect of the Competition.
24. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid. The use of automated devices to enter the Competition is prohibited and any Entry created through such means shall be null and void. We will not have any responsibility of any nature for defects or delays in any transmission, interruptions in service due to system repairs, maintenance or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing of entries or emails, the announcement of the Prizes, for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Rules or other Competition-related materials.
25. By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree that:
(a) they shall abide by these Rules;
(b) we may use (to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law) entrant’s name, city and
state of residence, college or university that they attend, photograph, any oral or written statements, footage, and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification;
(c) all verifications required by us concerning the entrant’s identity;
(d) any indication of falsified, fraudulent, false, untruthful, incorrect or inexact identity or address of any entrant, may, in our sole discretion, lead to that entrant being disqualified from the Competition;
(e) DCTCM and its affiliates, any of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents
and representatives (the “Released Parties”) shall not have any liability and shall be
held harmless and indemnified by the Entrant for any claims, demands, obligations,
liability, suits, actions, proceedings, judgments, fines, losses, damages, penalties,
charges, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) of
whatsoever nature in relation to the Entrant or any other person or entity, including,
without limitation, personal injury or death to Entrant or any other person or damage
to personal or real property, arising from or related to this Competition, or due in
whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to (i) the acceptance, possession or use of the
Prize, (ii) any physical activity, travel or travel-related activity in relation to the
Competition or participation in this Competition; and
(f) to absolutely and forever release and discharge the Released Parties from, all claims,
damages, liabilities, obligations, expenses and causes of action which the entrant may
bring and/or could have brought against the DCTCM and its affiliates, which relate to
26. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Released Parties shall not be liable under or in connection with these Rules, the Competition or the Prize for any indirect, special or
consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by an Entrant, Winner, or Guest even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the Entrant and/or us and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
27. DTCM takes no responsibility for any damage, injury of any kind whatsoever as a direct or indirect result of Prizes or promotion offered through any of the digital channels of DTCM. The Entrants shall at all times indemnify, protect, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties, from and against any claims, demands, obligations, liability, suits, actions, proceedings, judgments, fines, losses, damages, penalties, charges, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) of whatsoever nature resulting or arising from the use of DTCM’s digital and social media platforms. The Entrants acknowledge and agree that we do not control over, and shall not be responsible or liable for, any content generated by third-party users in connection with the Platforms.]
28. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to void any Entries and disqualify such Entrants whom we believe (in our discretion) have attempted to tamper with or impair the
administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Competition and/or who are in violation of any of these Rules.
29. These Rules are governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates, as applied in the Emirate of Dubai, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Dubai courts.